Hispanic, Portuguese and Latin American studies
- Your subject librarian
Contact me if you would like some advice. I can help you to:
Key subject resources
- Oxford Language Dictionaries Online - bilingual dictionaries in the following languages: Chinese, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
- JSTOR - digital library of academic journals, books, and primary sources, primarily in the humanities and social sciences.
- Handbook of Latin American Studies - a bibliography on Latin America consisting of works selected and annotated by scholars. Edited by the Hispanic Division of the Library of Congress, the multidisciplinary Handbook alternates annually between the social sciences and the humanities.
- MLA International Bibliography - classified listing and subject index of scholarly books and articles on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and linguistics compiled by the Modern Language Association of America since 1921.
- Latin American Network Information Center (LANIC) - from the Institute of Latin American Studies, University of Texas at Austin. Provides many useful links to virtually all aspects of Latin American culture.
- Spanish and Portuguese at the University of California, Berkeley - many useful links to Iberian topics, and to several useful Catalan and Basque sites.
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
- Practical advice about your studies
- Library video tutorials - topics include: how to locate books and journals; understanding references on reading lists.
- Finding and using information - covering key aspects of information skills, including: researching a topic; effective use of Google; evaluating your search results; avoiding plagiarism.
- Referencing using EndNote
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.