Location of print resources
You can also find useful material in the Arts and Social Sciences Library:
- Research methods
- Policy studies
Dissertations and theses. A number of Graduate School of Education Masters disssertations are held in the Education Library. They may be consulted within the library, please ask at the Library Desk if you wish to see any. Doctoral theses are held in the Research Reserve. Please look on Library Search for these and you can order them.
- Autism Data - the catalogue of The National Autistic Society’s reference library can be used to search for research papers, books, articles, videos and other materials covering autism and Asperger syndrome.
- Bristol Working Papers in Education - The series provides an opportunity for UOB academic staff and research students to publish their work in progress whether that be a conference paper, findings from a research project or a draft of an article that you may be considering publishing in the future but would like to share with a wider audience in the meantime. Please contact Teresa Nurser for more information.
- Database of Research on International Education - a database of research relevant to international education, managed by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) and supported by IDP Education.
- Digital Education Research Archive (DERA) - a digital archive of all documents published electronically by UK government and related bodies in the area of education.
- Institute of Education, (University of London) Library and Archives -The Institute has the largest collection in Europe of books and journals on educational studies. The website provides information on accessing the Institute's Library as a visitor and the site also provides useful information concerning the library's collections and links to online education resources.
- Education in England: the history of our schools - Derek Gillard's website aims to provide students, teachers, lecturers and researchers with historical information on the history of education in England.
- Teachers TV from Education in Video - promotes access to over 3,800 concise instructional videos produced primarily between 2004 and 2010 by the UK government departments responsible for education between these dates.
- Department for Education - formerly the Department for Children, Schools and Families. The DfE is the UK's official government department with responsibility for education and children's services, involving all aspects of policy affecting children and young people. The site contains news and information from the department and gives access to many full text documents on government policy on education and to research publications and education statistics.
- National Foundation for Educational Research - A UK research body that aims to improve education and learning by providing indepent evidence on what works in education, by undertaking research and disseminating the findings. The Foundation specialises in a number of research areas and provides access to its own research reports and summaries, policy papers, practical guides, classroom materials and professional development tools.
- EURYDICE - The Eurydice Network provides information on and analyses of European education systems and policies and publishes thematic reports, comparative studies and facts and figures.
- UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) - The site includes includes Education for the 21st Century looking at international issues and developments in education worldwide. The International Bureau of Education - acts as UNESCO's centre specialising in contents, methods and structure of education.
Get expert advice and support from your subject librarian.
Support for members of academic teaching staff, who would like to create an online reading list for their course unit.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.
If items are in particularly high demand, please use our 1 day loan request form (Office document, 15kB) to request that they are transferred to 1 day loan.