Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 331 6790 | Internal 16790
Contact me if you would like some advice. I can help you to:
Key subject resources
- Business Source Complete - provides access to bibliographic and full text content for the most important scholarly business journals from 1866 onwards.
- EconLit - citations with selected abstracts of the world's economic literature from 1969 onwards.
- The Economist - online version of the magazine.
- Oxford Scholarship Online (Economics and Finance) - a cross-searchable library containing the full text of over 3,000 Oxford books in the areas of Economics and Finance, Philosophy, Political Science, and Religion.
- UN Data - aims to help disseminate statistics of the United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD) by integrating provision of current, relevant and reliable statistics from many sources free of charge to the global community. The system also includes economics data.
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
- Practical advice about your studies
- Library video tutorials - topics include: how to locate books and journals; understanding references on reading lists.
- Finding and using information - covering key aspects of information skills, including: researching a topic; effective use of Google; evaluating your search results; avoiding plagiarism.
- Referencing using EndNote
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.