Accounting and finance
Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 331 6790 | Internal 16790
Contact me if you would like some advice. I can help you to:
Key subject resources
- Business Source Complete - provides access to bibliographic and full text content for the most important scholarly business journals from 1866 onwards.
- FASB Accounting Standards Updates - the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) publishes these accounting updates regularly. They can be downloaded and printed for individual non-commercial purposes.
- International GAAP Online - International GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Practice) is a comprehensive guide to interpreting and implementing IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards). Please note: use of this resource is limited to 5 concurrent users.
- Oxford Scholarship Online (Economics and Finance) - a cross-searchable library containing the full text of over 3,000 Oxford books in the areas of Economics and Finance, Philosophy, Political Science, and Religion.
- Web of Science: Core Collection - databases available within the Web of Science Core Collection: Science Citation Index (1900-, with 1900-1945 limited to c.250 core journals); Social sciences Citation Index (1956-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (1990-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (1990-).
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
- Practical advice about your studies
- Library video tutorials - topics include: how to locate books and journals; understanding references on reading lists.
- Finding and using information - covering key aspects of information skills, including: researching a topic; effective use of Google; evaluating your search results; avoiding plagiarism.
- Referencing using EndNote
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.