Accounting and finance
Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 4282184 | Internal 82184
Contact me if you would like some advice. I can help you to:
Key subject resources
- Business Source Complete - provides access to company and industry reports, SWOT analyses, trade and professional magazines, and many important scholarly business journals.
- FAME - detailed information on every registered business in the UK and Ireland, including financial information for up to 20 years.
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences - includes references of over 2,800 journals that are regularly indexed and 7,000 books each year.
- International GAAP Online - International GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Practice) is a comprehensive guide to interpreting and implementing IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards). Please note: use of this resource is limited to 5 concurrent users.
- Oxford Scholarship Online (Economics and Finance) - a cross-searchable library containing the full text of over 3,000 Oxford books in the areas of Economics and Finance, Philosophy, Political Science, and Religion.
- Web of Science: Core Collection - includes access to the Social Sciences Citation Index (1956-), which covers a range of journals relevant to accounting and business.
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases are available in the Library tab on Blackboard.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.