What to expect when visiting the library
Virtual tour of the new Covid-Secure configuration of the Arts and Social Sciences Library, following the one-way system around the ground floor of the building.
Before you arrive at the library or study centre:
- Study seats must be booked in advance using our study seat booking system and strict covid-19 safety measures followed. Group study rooms are not currently available.
- The Hawthorns Study Lounge is a self-managed unstaffed space with no need to book a study space. Please see further details here.
- You can access our libraries to browse shelves and self-issue of books and other materials during opening hours
- Collections in Wills Memorial, Queens Building and Physics libraries are available to browse and self-issue for the first hour of opening only. Outside this hour, items from those libraries can be reserved via Library Search for collection at the relevant library, these will be picked for you by Library staff and you will be notified when your order is ready for collection.
- Books can now be returned at any of our open libraries
- At busy times you may need to queue to be admitted to the library to ensure the occupancy level for safe social distancing can be maintained.
- The availability of spaces and services may change at short notice. Please check the website before you visit.
When arriving at the library or study centre:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times.
- Library enquiries will continue to be answered by our online team using our Live Chat system or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All areas of the library are now for silent study only.
- For the safety of all library visitors and staff, two metres social distancing must be observed.
- Please read all notices carefully and follow any one-way systems in place.
- To keep yourself and others safe, please make sure to wash your hands regularly.
- No food is to be eaten in the libraries and study centres. All drinks must be lidded.
- There will be cleaning material available for you to sanitise your work space and equipment at the start and end of your study session.
- Sanitation stations are available at all sites.
- Touch points will be regularly cleaned by staff.