Deposit your publication
Depositing your research outputs in Pure, the University Research Information System and institutional repository, is the University's favoured route to open access publication. It has the following benefits:
- increases the visibility and impact of your research – deposited documents can be made available to the global public via the Explore Bristol Research website;
- provides a central place to archive and preserve your research outputs;
- enables you to comply with the open access policies of the REF, other funders and the University.
Help and information for using Pure
- Create a record for an AAM (PDF, 672kB).
- Detailed guides and further help on using Pure.
- The Pure Support Team can provide help, support and training.
Request a copy
The Request-a-copy feature on the Pure-driven website Explore Bristol Research is a service the University offers to the general public, who are less likely to have subscription access to online journals. The Open Access Team may forward requests to view your articles from time to time. These will be for articles that are not yet publicly available. Members of the public place a request using the link that appears to the right of each record, prompting the Open Access Team to contact you.
Depositing your publication in a discipline-specific repository
Your research funder may require you to deposit your publication in a discipline-specific repository.
Europe PubMed Central (PMC)
Some publishers will automatically archive articles in PMC on your behalf, and authors can also archive their articles in PMC themselves.
The Europe PubMed Central User Guide gives advice and instructions for authors wishing to archive in Europe PMC.
Open Access Team
For general enquiries about Open Access publishing at Bristol email email@example.com.