An introduction to Open Research
The concept of 'open research' has made a significant impact on scholarly activities, with funding councils, government and publishers increasingly placing a focus on research that is transparent, accountable, and accessible to a worldwide audience. Current expectations in this area centre around Research Data Management and Open Access to scholarly outputs. This workshop will provide an introductory overview and will cover:
- How open research can impact on each stage of the research lifecycle
- The importance of the Data Management Plan (DMP) in meeting funder requirements
- How to publish underlying research data and cite it via a Data Access Statement
- The benefits of Open Access and how to comply with requirements
- Balancing openness with the need to capitalise on research findings
This workshop is aimed at early career and postgraduate researchers and has no prerequisites.
To book, please click here.