Tue 28 November 2017
Great Hall, Wills Memorial Building, Queen's Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 1RJ
• Opening Words: Daniel Schaffer, partner at Slaughter and May
• Formal Introduction: Aasmah Mir
• Session 1: What is ‘thinking about thinking’?
Dr Stephen Fleming: How can metacognition help students in their approach to study and beyond
• Session 2: Overcoming psychological barriers
Georgie Twigg and Elsa Hammond: The psychological barriers to success and how to overcome them.
• Session 3: How metacognition assists learning, studying, analysing and reasoning
Professor Michael Ford QC: How to see things others don't
• Session 4: Practical tips to maintain mental well–being
Elizabeth Rimmer: Mental health and stress
• Session 5: Questions and closure