Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity Committee Objectives
In order to address any issues of inequality or discriminations amongst students and staff, the Law School EDI committee has set out some core objectives to help effectively monitor activity and address any concerns raised.
- To devise, co-ordinate and monitor steps taken by the Law School to comply with the Equality Act 2010, with particular regard to the protected characteristics: age, disability, race, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity and marriage or civil partnership.
- To review and develop the School’s Equality and Diversity Policies, to monitor their implementation and to ensure that all such documentation complies with the law and is effectively disseminated to Law School staff and students.
- To consult widely with all relevant groups within the Law School in pursuance of these terms of reference.
- To monitor the composition of the Law School’s workforce and student body.
- To monitor the Law School’s practice on the admission of students and the recruitment of staff.
- To prepare and maintain an institutional plan of action to ensure that equal opportunities policies are translated into programmes of action and report annually on the Committee’s progress in school meetings.
If you have any questions about the committee, please contact Law EDI Director, Dr Katie Bales.