IT Services wishes to better meet the academic and business needs of Faculties and Schools through regular conversations about the role of IT.
Communications should involve a two-way transfer of information and plans and different contacts will be needed to ensure short-term, medium and strategic requirements are covered.
Day-to-day contact will be via the IT Service Desk and the Zone Team Leaders. In addition to these we have the role of Account Manager. The overarching purpose of this role will be to provide a contact for conversations about major change requirements, significant issues and strategy.
Account Managers are members of IT Services’ Senior Management Team (SMT) and each has responsibility for one of the six Faculties to discuss the needs of all schools within that faculty. One SMT member will cover Support Services.
Role & Purpose of Account Managers
- To support Faculty/School/Service business plans so that technology is used effectively to underpin the business activity.
- To explore new and innovative ways to deliver services within the Faculty/School/Service which reduces overall technology and environmental costs.
- Provide high level advice to Faculty/School/Service in undertaking requirements analyses and/or developing business cases for new or enhanced IT services.
- Inform Faculty/School/Service about IT plans in other areas that may bring additional business benefits.
- Analyse and collate high-level information from Faculty/School/Service to help identify common needs or trends to inform IT strategies and future plans.
- Represent Faculty/School/Service interests to the full Senior Management Team in IT Services.
- Channel requests to Zone Team Leaders and/or other IT experts as required.
- Support Services – Luke Taylor, Assistant Director, Systems Development
- Science – Ian Stewart, Director, Advanced Research Computing
- Social Science and Law – Tim Phillips, Director, IT Services
- Medical & Veterinary – Pete Walker, Assistant Director, Service Delivery
- Medicine & Dentistry – John Richards, Programme Manager
- Arts – Lesly Huxley, Director, Research & Development / ILRT
- Engineering – Nick Skelton, Assistant Director, Infrastructure