MSc Innovation and Entrepreneurship
If you want to find and launch an idea, if you want to understand how innovation happens, if you want the skills to carve out your own career path, this is the course for you.
- Start-up your idea or career in a supportive environment
- Undertake creative and commercial projects in collaborative teams
- Learn human-centred techniques for designing and developing ideas
The MSc Innovation and Entrepreneurship is a “conversion course” into innovative and entrepreneurial business, or an “alternative MBA”.
Our aim at the award-winning Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is to educate the next generation to create and grow (or join and grow) innovative companies and social enterprises. This course aims to develop the high-level skills and critical competencies needed for successful innovation and entrepreneurship, through a largely practice-orientated educational approach based on collaborative team-work across disciplines and cultures.
It will teach you how to apply your existing subject-specific knowledge to real-world challenges through a range of transdisciplinary units focusing on innovation-led entrepreneurial skills, design and systems thinking, making and testing. You will be equipped to apply your knowledge and skills to address problems and exploit opportunities both large and small.
The academic work you’ll undertake will be 100% coursework, often collaborative, and include both practical reports and presentations and reflective analysis of your process and performance. The final project is a launch-pad; where you will create an innovative venture, put together a detailed plan and work out how take it forward and raise investment.
What makes us different from other master’s programmes?
- This is not a business school; this is creative, cultural, interdisciplinary, design-led, innovation and entrepreneurship for enabling people and ideas, not just money.
- This is relevant; our staff are a mix of industry professionals, serial entrepreneurs, award-winning educators, and cutting-edge researchers; there are no exams – but there are lots of projects.
- This is collaborative; there are group and individual assessments; our learning environment is purpose-built for teamwork, and you can expect to be networked and connected with our rich ecosystem of expertise and advice.
- We provide a space to fail fast and learn; we don’t just accelerate one venture idea to market; we give you the tools and the space to discover how you want to be innovative for the rest of your life, help you find or refine an idea, and then we help you launch your plans.
Start something amazing; come to Bristol:
- Winners of the ‘Higher Education Team’ category in the UK’s National Enterprise Education Awards 2018.
- 'The best place to live in the UK’ (Sunday Times 2017)
- ‘The 2nd best start-up economy outside London’ (Start-up Cities Index 2017)
- Home to ‘the world's best university-run start-up incubator’ (UBI Global Index 2018).