New release of eRecruit implemented on 24th February 2013
The external supplier of eRecruit, Lumesse, implement scheduled new releases of the system with functionality enhancements several times a year. New release 13.0 was implemented on 24th February 2013 and we have configured the University of Bristol version of the system with a number of changes as outlined below:
- We have been able to streamline the application process for support jobs. This now means that candidates for support jobs only have 3 rather than 4 stages to complete: a single personal details form (which includes their, previously separate, employment and education history), uploading a statement of suitability for the role and the diversity monitoring section. Please note that applications received before this change was implemented (26th February) will be in the old format.
- The system now automatically creates an individual PDF candidate pack for each candidate when they submit their application. If you click into 'Additional Tasks' when you are in the Candidate record you will see the link to this. This is therefore an alternative, and probably easier, way for users to view applications in a single click.
- Up to 12 Operational contacts can now be added to a job.
The eRecruit User Guidance has been updated to reflect these changes.
There are a few other, mostly more minor, changes that need a bit more time to configure. I will update you again with details when these are completed.
Following the new release and configuration changes we have become aware of the following user issues:
- There have been some examples of candidates submitting 'non-standard' application information following the above changes. This is due to either a) a timing issue where, through no fault of their own, the candidate has commenced their application before the above changes were made and then returned to submit after the changes had been implemented or b) a fault, now fixed, with a link for candidates to return to partially completed applications. The outcome is that, for some candidates either an application for an academic job has included the 'support jobs' version of the personal information (which has details of 2 rather than the required 3 referees) or an application for a support job excludes the employment and education history information. If you come across any such applications for your vacancies then please liaise with your local HR Team who can obtain the missing information from the candidate. A message regarding this issue has been put on the jobs homepage.
- Some users have had a problem with not being able to view all the data in the links to the candidate application information in Google Chrome. This does not seem to be a general issue, and other web browsers are fine. The supplier has put in a fix for this issue but if you do have this problem when using Google Chrome you need to 'clear browsing data' through 'tools' and this solves it.
If you have any queries regarding the above please contact your local HR Team in the first instance.
If you would like to know more about eRecruit please visit the links on the left hand side of this page.
Previous eRecruit updates:
UoB Newsletter - September 2012
eRecruit news 1
eRecruit news 2
eRecruit news 3
eRecruit news 4
eRecruit news 5