Professor William Doyle, FBA
Emeritus Professor of History and Senior Research Fellow
Specialises in the history of eighteenth century Europe, particularly France.
- Aristocracy and its Enemies in the Age of Revolution (OUP, 2009)
- The French Revolution. A Very Short Introduction (OUP, 2001)
- Jansenism. Catholic Resistance to Authority from the Reformation to the French Revolution (Macmillan, 1999)
- Venality: the Sale of Offices in Eighteenth Century France (OUP, 1996)
- The Oxford History of the French Revolution (OUP, 1989, 2nd ed. 2002)
- The Ancien Regime (Macmillan, 1986)
- Origins of the French Revolution (OUP, 1980; 2nd ed, 1988)
- The Old European Order 1660-1800 (OUP, 1978; 2nd ed. 1992)
Full list of Professor Doyle's publications since 1991 as held in the University's IRIS publications database.