Professor Bernard Alford
Emeritus Professor and Honorary Research Fellow in Economic History
An emeritus professor of the Department, he specialises in modern economic history.
- The Flint and Bottle Glass Industry in the Early Nineteenth Century :a Case Study of a Bristol Firm (Liverpool University Press, 1968).
- A History of the Carpenters Company, by B.W.E. Alford and T.C. Barker (Allen & Unwin, 1968)
- Depression and Recovery?: British Economic Growth, 1918-1939 (Macmillan, 1972)
- W.D. & H.O. Wills and the Development of the UK Tobacco Industry, 1786-1965 (Methuen, 1973)
- Economic planning, 1945-1951 :a guide to documents in the Public Record Office (HMSO, 1992)
- British economic performance, 1945 - 1975 (CUP, 1995)
- Britain in the World Economy since 1880 (Longman, 1996)