Resources and guidance
Guides to attach to fridges and freezers: Freezer management guide (Office document, 192kB)
Waste, recycling and resource management
UniGreenScheme guidance - How to sell unwanted lab equipment that still holds value
How to manage your laboratory waste
How to choose the correct type of containment for your research - Baker's clean air and containment decision map (PDF, 90kB)
Stickers and posters
Switch off stickers (PDF, 16kB) (available in widths: 5cm, 7cm and 9cm)
Please contact the Sustainable Labs Officer to order stickers, please state the quantity, type and size in your email.
Lab sustainability articles
Everything You Wanted to Know about Running an Ultra Low Temperature Freezer (PDF, 6,768kB) but were too afraid to ask.......
Efficient ULT Freezer Storage: An Investigation of ULT Freezer Energy and (PDF, 333kB) temperature dynamics.
American Chemical Society (2002) Less is better: The Guide to Minimizing Waste in Laboratories
International Institute for Sustainable Laboratories (I2SL) (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for membership)
Other Sustainable Lab programmes
- Arizona State University Green Labs Program
- University of California Davis Green Your Lab Program
- University of California Santa Barabara LabRATS Program
- University of Colorado Boulder Green Labs Program
- Cornell University Green Your Labs
- Harvard Green Labs
- Johns Hopkins University Green Lab Champions
- iGEM Goes Green
- University of Illinois at Chicago Green Labs
- University of Michigan Sustainable Lab Recognition Program
- MIT Green Labs
- Green Labs @ Penn Program
- Sustainable Stanford Cardinal Green Labs
- University of Washington Green Laboratories Program
More information for staff
Please see the staff intranet for additional guidance, and general lab procedures and forms.