Staff attendance at Graduation ceremonies
Staff will be invited to attend the next set of graduation ceremonies, which will take place between 19 - 21 February 2019 in the Great Hall, Wills Memorial Building.
Registration for staff for graduation ceremonies will be available in due course.
If you have any queries, please contact the Events team directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that:
- Given the very limited seating in the Great Hall, staff must process and sit on the stage, with an appropriate gown.
- If you are graduating in a ceremony, you cannot process as a member of staff.
- The University will cover the cost of hiring academic gowns for staff who wish to process, provided the attendance form is submitted by the deadline date.
- We do not accept ticket requests on behalf of students, or students' guests. Information for student ticket enquires are available on the main Graduation webpages.
- Schedule of ceremonies
- Timetable for the day
- Hire of academic gowns
- Access arrangements
- Honorary Graduands
- Dates of forthcoming ceremonies
- Arrangements for students
Ceremonies will commence at 10.30 am, 1.30 pm and 4.00 pm each day and each ceremony will last approximately one hour.
Staff are requested to arrive at the Wills Memorial Building 30 minutes before the start of the ceremony, with their gown, ready to robe (details about where to collect gowns and the location of robing rooms will be included with the email confirmation).
Staff processing at a graduation ceremony must wear academic robes. Your gown requirements must be included in your submitted attendance form. The robe hire company (Ede & Ravenscroft) cannot guarantee being able to match the gown for overseas degrees, but will endeavour to provide an alternative. If you are unsure as to the appropriate hat size to accompany your gown, please see our guide to hat sizing (Office document, 32kB).
Staff members who request an academic gown after the deadline date will be provided with a plain black gown.
If any staff attending the ceremonies have health needs or disabilities that will require additional support on the day (particularly mobility difficulties), or if sign language interpretation is required, this should be stated when you complete the attendance form so that we can ensure that the requirements are met. The Great Hall is fitted with a loop system.
Enquiries about any of the graduation ceremony arrangements should be made to Emma Henry (ext. 40219) or Laura Pugh (ext. 40214) in the Events team, 31 Great George Street.
Further information on arrangements for students can be found in the main Graduation section