University of Bristol Cybersecurity Sandpit - Proof of Concept Funding Opportunity
Event by the Knowledge Exchange Team, Online
UK Research and Innovation has identified research into cybersecurity as a priority for its Global Uncertainties programme, with the ultimate aim of contributing to making the UK’s networked and online activities secure from misuse and as a result safer, more productive and more enjoyable. University of Bristol has significant strengths in this area, and is looking to partner with external organisations to help solve these challenges.
Join us for a Challenge-Driven Sandpit, where participants will have the opportunity to network with researchers to discuss their challenges and apply for funding to initiate proof-of-concept projects aimed at resolving them.
- £70k is available to fund 3-4 proof of concept proposals, co-written by an external organisation and a UoB researcher
- Support for proposal development will be provided by the Knowledge Exchange team at the University and we will give priority to researchers and companies who have not received this funding before.
- No cash contribution is required to receive funding, but it is expected that in-kind contributions of time, space, resources, equipment, data are provided as appropriate for each project.
This event will provide:
- Details of the funding available
- Structured networking opportunities
- Discussion time between researchers and external partners to understand the Cybersecurity challenges they face
- After this event, submissions of proof of concept proposal will be due for internal review in late October/early November.
Monday 14th September 09:30-12:00
Are you working in organisations external to the University of Bristol?
If you would like to register your interest in this event please complete the online registration form and an invitation will be sent to you by the beginning of September.
Upon registering you will be asked to provide the cybersecurity challenges that your organisation faces, which we will use to matchmake with researchers at the University to better facilitate discussion and proposal development on the day.
Are you at the University of Bristol?
If you would like to register your interest in this event please complete the online registration form and a placeholder invitation will be sent to you.
If would like further information about the event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Bristol researchers if you would like to discuss your involvement please contact email@example.com