The Jean Golding Institute is one of the University of Bristol's Research Institutes and is a central hub for data science and data-intensive research.
This statement sets out how the Jean Golding Institute uses the personal information we collect from you. We may make changes to this policy so please check from time to times for any updates.
- The Jean Golding Institute Mailing List Forms in MailChimp (For people who study or work at the University of Bristol/For people not working or studying at the University of Bristol)
- Printed out mailing list sign up forms
- Eventbrite and other ways of registering for one of our events
- Seed corn application forms
- Data competition application forms.
- We will not share your data with anyone outside of the Jean Golding Institute and its governing bodies
- We will only add you to our mailing list if you have given your consent for us to do so
- We will use the details we collect to keep you informed about our news, events, training, competitions, funding opportunities and other events and opportunities we think you might find interesting
- We may contact you about our events you have signed up to on Eventbrite
- We will contact you about seed corn projects or data competitions you have applied for or expressed an interest in.
- We will keep your contact details on our mailing list until you unsubscribe
- We will keep seed corn and competition applications and contact you if we think you would be interested in further research collaborations. These applications will be deleted upon request
- Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- You have a right to withdraw your consent to be on our mailing list at any time by clicking 'Unsubscribe' on the bottom of Mail Chimp emails or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to have inaccurate data corrected. Please let us know if your data is inaccurate by emailing email@example.com
- You have the right to access information held about you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request this.
18 May 2018