Apply to study abroad in a foreign language

If you plan to study abroad in a foreign language at a partner university, find out how to register and apply.

There are two stages to the application process for EU universities. 

Modern Languages students

  • Complete a School of Modern Languages Study Abroad Form and return it to the relevant Language Director from your department by the end of TB1.
  • Your Language Director will then confirm your university placement.
  • From December 2018 you will be able to register your intended year abroad placement(s) with Global Opportunities via our online registration form.
  • Apply directly to your host institution for admission as above.

Liberal Arts students

Liberal Arts students who wish to study in the EU must complete a secondary application to the European Liberal Arts Network (ELAN).
The Liberal Arts Study Abroad Academic Director can provide further information on this process.

Key dates

Find out key dates, including information sessions and application deadlines.

Contact us

If you need more information about studying or working abroad

Tel: +44 (0) 117 39 40205
In person: 3rd Floor, 31 Great George Street, University of Bristol, BS1 5QD

Summer and short-term programmes

If an international placement during term is not right for you, there are still plenty of overseas options.

Edit this page