Fees, funding and costs
If your institution is not an exchange partner with Bristol you will pay Study Abroad tuition fees.
2019/20 tuition fees
Study Abroad Standard and Bridge programmes:
- Full year: £15,900
- One semester: £7,950
- 6 weeks: £2,400 + tuition fee
- 10 weeks: £4,070 + tuition fee
Students studying at an EU institution who are unable to come through the Erasmus+ programme are eligible for discounted Study Abroad fees, as follows:
- Study Abroad - full year (EU): £9,250
- Study Abroad - one semester (EU): £4,625
Payment of fees
You can pay once you arrive. Full-year students can pay in instalments. In many cases, your home institution or programme provider will pay the tuition fee on your behalf, or they may have a special agreement with us which affects your fee status. Pre-sessional courses may require a deposit; more details can be found here. If your Study Abroad office is not able to advise you, please contact us for further information.
- Students may be eligible to apply for a BUTEX Scholarship. These are worth £500 and are for students studying abroad for a semester or an academic year. Check the website for more details.
- German students can find and apply for funding from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) towards study abroad costs.
- Norwegian students could benefit from a supplementary tuition fee grant. Find out more from Lånekassen.
- Chilean students might be eligible for funding from the Chilean Ministry of Education.
Cost of living
Your living expenses will depend on your lifestyle while you are here. Look at this guide to living expenses.
Full details of University accommodation costs are given on the Accommodation Office residences web pages.