English language support

You may need to take a pre-sessional course to meet our entry requirements. Or you may want to improve your confidence with academic English while you study. You can choose from different options to help improve your English language level.

Study Abroad Bridge

If you feel you need some additional support with your English, you can choose to take English language and cultural classes during the first part of your course.

You will need IELTS at 6.0 or equivalent to take this option, known as Study Abroad Bridge.

When you create your programme, you can choose two units from the English language courses for current students and one unit from the subject area of your choice, with the approval of the Global Opportunities Team.

Pre-sessional courses (STABEL)

If you don’t currently meet the IELTS requirements for your Study Abroad programme, or you want to improve your English, you can apply for a pre-sessional course before your Study Abroad programme starts. Pre-sessional courses (formerly known as STABEL) are intensive English courses for either 6 or 10 weeks over the summer, depending on your current IELTS.

Find out more about our pre-sessional courses from the Centre for English Language and Foundation Studies. 

English language requirements

Check the level of English you need to study our programmes.

Edit this page