Law Careers Month
The Law School works very closely with the Careers Service throughout the academic year to offer a wide range of events to promote careers within and outside of the law - and expose you to a variety of employers. Expanding your professional network allows you to make informed decisions about your career.
This year we will be providing an array of skills sessions as part of our themed week series during the Autumn term, coinciding with the central Careers Service recruitment fairs. At these events you will be given advice on becoming a solicitor or a barrister - and on how to get involved in other areas of law, such as family and medical law. There will be an emphasis on providing transferable skills, with additional skills sessions that explore alternative careers.
Law Careers Month: 30 October-1 December 2017
- Law-specific Careers Service Application review or quick question session, 1-2pm, Monday 30 October 2017 in WMB 3.32 - Do you still need help with your CV or applications ahead of upcoming deadlines? No need to book, just turn up!
- Law Careers Fair - Day 1, 12 - 3pm, Tuesday 31 October 2017, Great Hall
- Law Careers Fair - Day 2, 12 - 3pm, Wednesday 1 November 2017, Great Hall
- Get your Professional Headshot - exclusive LinkedIn Photobooth for Law students, 1 - 4pm, Wednesday 1 November 2017, Wills Memorial Building 1.5, offered on a first come, first served basis.
- Herbert Smith Freehills Employability workshop - Part 1: Insight into application forms and group working exercises, 6pm Monday 13 November 2017, Reception Room - apply online
- Herbert Smith Freehills Employability workshop - Part 2: Insight into case study and competency interviews, 6pm Monday 20 November 2017, Reception Room - apply online
- Lawyers in Government - more diverse, more challenging, more inspiring, 1 - 2pm, Thursday 16 November 2017, Coutts Lecture Theatre
- How to make a successful application for Vacation Schemes and Training Contracts with Osborne Clarke, 1 - 2pm, Wednesday 22 November 2017, Chemistry West Block Lecture Theatre 4
- Key trade mark dispute - what really happens at and before Court, 1 - 2pm, Thursday 23 November 2017, Coutts Lecture Theatre
- Thinking about thinking - how do high achievers think? 6 - 8pm, Tueday 28 November 2017, Great Hall
Find out more about the full themed week series here.