The following is a list of internal systems associated with finance. These are managed and maintained within the University of Bristol. Access may be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Objects - Reporting tool for Finance
- BOFINS - a reporting tool to provide financial information regarding active awarded external research projects. This has now been replaced by Business Objects where a wider range of projects are available to view.
- fEC Research Project Costing - assists in providing research costings under Full Economic Costing for sustainability.
- Finance Services wiki - wiki page for Finance Services staff
- ORCA -(Online Management of Research Contracts and Applications)- this tool records all grant applications and awards, allowing users to view the data and see any outstanding actions needed to set up an award.
- Proactis - Integrated Purchasing System
- Proactis User Manager - Tool for Finance Services to grant Budget Holder responsibility to EL2 codes as well as viewing rights to Business Objects repors.
- Rates Table - provides information on global rates applied within the UoB systems to relevant calculations. These rates are managed and maintained within the Finance Office.
- TAS - the Time Allocation Survey forms part of the Transparency Review which provides information on the costs of activities carried out by Universities.
- TRS - the Online Timesheet Recording System for recording time spent working on European Commission Seventh Framework Programme (EC FP7) and UK Research Council (RCUK) grants
- Web Finance Reporting simplified Finance Reporting tool for departmental finance staff to query departmental transactions and account balances
These external systems/ forms are associated with finance but are primarily managed and maintained by the relevant external body or comply with external requirements.
- JeS - Research Councils encompasses a wide range of Research Councils’ interactions with institutions. Finance Services are required to confirm registered users, department listing and submit proposals as Administrative Authority.
Further information regarding financial systems is also available as follows: