The University Undergraduate Studies Committee (previously known as the Working Group of Undergraduate Deans) is a sub-group of the Education Committee.
The membership of the Committee for 2012-13 is as follows:
The main purposes of the Committee are:
* as of April 2013
1. To advise on matters of strategy and priorities relating to undergraduate education.
2. To review and recommend changes to regulations as they relate to undergraduate education.
3. To monitor the undergraduate profile of the University and consider issues relating to undergraduate education on behalf of the Education Committee, the faculty boards and other relevant committees, preparing reports and recommendations as appropriate.
4. To monitor and advise on the quality and standards of undergraduate degrees, including the consideration of:
5. To monitor and advise on alignment with external requirements and policies, including the QAA’s UK Quality Code for Higher Education.
6. To determine and be responsible for policies and codes of practice relating to undergraduate education.
7. To identify and disseminate good practice in undergraduate education.
8. To promote active student engagement in matters relating to the standards and quality of undergraduate study and the academic experience of students.
The Chair or nominee and at least five other members of the Committee.
1. The Committee will normally meet monthly in term-time.
2. The Committee will normally report monthly to Education Committee
3. The Committee’s annual schedule of business will be identified at the start of each academic year. Additional items of work are subject to annual negotiation with the Chair of the Education Committee.
The Committee reports to Education Committee so the meetings are scheduled to enable this. The scheduled dates for 2012/13 are as follows: