Director, Education Support Unit
Kit is Director of the Education Support Unit. She has the day to day responsibilities and activities of the Director for management of the teams as required by the Pro Vice-Chancellor - Education, Deputy Registrar (Education and Students) and Academic Registrar.
- Secretary to Education Committee - supported by members of ESU
- Manages School/Departmental Reviews
- Oversight of Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) Higher Education Review and Quality Code for Higher Education guidance as they align with University processes and regulations
- Provides advice re taught Educational Partnership arrangements and oversight of QA partnerships and PSRB arrangements and advises on activities linked to this. Works on Key Information Set (KIS) submission.
- Works with the Higher Education Academy (HEA) to provide guidance on standards and activities.
- Quality consultant to the Macao Polytechnic Institute. Assisting them in preparing them for their QAA Review in 2013. http://www.ipm.edu.mo/index.php/en/
Recent invited presentations/workshops:
- European Quality Assurance Forum (ENQA)/ European University Association (EUA) - http://www.enqa.eu/
- 8th European Quality Assurance Forum, Gothenburg, Sweden. Nov 2013: Working together to take quality forward.
Workshop with Sam Jones entitled: Working together: students as partners. Student engagement and representation across the quality agenda.
- 7th European Quality Assurance Forum, Tallinn University, Estonia. Nov 2012. How does quality assurance make a difference?
Presentation: Quality assurance and the learning journey: the value of monitoring progress for the student experience.
Tel: 0117 331 4214 Internal: 14214
Fax: 0117 331 4206
Education Support Unit, 8-10 Berkeley Square, Bristol, BS8 1HH