Chemical Waste Disposal
Sustainability manage chemical waste disposal for the University.
- Please book your collection by filling in a chemical waste disposal form (xls) .
- Please email this form through to Sustainabilityfirstname.lastname@example.org with ‘CHEMICAL WASTE DISPOSAL’ in the subject field.
Your collection will be arranged with the chemical waste contractor who will contact you to advise date and time of collection.
Chemical Waste Guidance
For chemical safety guidance contact the Health and Safety Office
Please ensure your chemicals and chemical wastes are correctly stored. Storage guidance is available through the Health and Safety Office.
If you require Chemical Safety labels or stickers to label or sticker your chemicals or chemical waste please order these through Sustainability or download these for your own use links below.
Chemical segregation guidance – the key points:
- Keep Flammables and Oxidisers apart
- Water Reactives evolve Flammable Gas - Keep apart from aqueous liquids (and subsequently Oxidisers)
- Acid sensitive chemicals evolve toxic gas – keep apart from Acids
- Keeps Acids apart from Bases
- Chemicals with more than 1 hazard can be put with either category