State of the art facilities include:
- the Bristol Centre for Nanoscience & Quantum Information (NSQI), the "quietest building" in the world;
- a clean room for device fabrication with advanced etching and coating facilities;
- a focused ion beam etching (FIBE) machine (resolution 7nm);
- advanced measurement and experimental kit for both edge-emitting and vertical cavity surface lasers.
Optical communications test and measurements:
- an Anritsu 43 GBit/sec Bit-Error-Rate (BER) testing facility;
- a 50GHz Agilent Vector-Network-Analyser;
- calibrated detectors;
- spectrum analysers;
- tunable laser sources.
- cryogenic micro-photoluminescence kit;
- 0.55 m and 0.3 m monochromators (with low noise CCD detector arrays);
- Picosecond and femtosecond Ti-sapphire lasers;
- CW lasers at 405nm, 532nm, 635nm;
- Narrowband tunable spectroscopic laser;
- photon-counting test equipment including:
- time interval analysers,
- photon counters and detectors.
High performance computing cluster.