The Faculty Of Engineering Dean's Scholarship
The Faculty of Engineering at the University of Bristol has a number of postgraduate research scholarships for which we invite suitably qualified candidates to apply.
These prestigious scholarships will provide students with a fee waiver for 3.5 years. Candidates must be able to fund their stipend via an alternative source, for example via the China Scholarship Council, CONACYT or another funding source.
Candidates should have a minimum 2:1 in a subject relevant to the scholarship area. The scholarships are open to all nationalities and are renewable for up to 3.5 years subject to satisfactory progress.
The Faculty comprises the Departments of Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Engineering Mathematics, and Mechanical Engineering. Applications are invited in any of these disciplines.
These scholarships are extremely competitive so applicants will need to demonstrate academic excellence and outstanding research potential. Applicants whose first language is not English will also need to have the requisite language qualifications.
Applications for this scholarship are now closed. A new date will be given in December 2018 when this scholarship will re-open.
- Read the "Before applying" section of the application page for admissions statements, entry requirements and frequently asked questions.
- You will be asked to select a PhD programme by department, please select the department which best matches your research interests.
- In the 'Research Details' section of the application form, please state the research group you are interested in working with.
- In the Funding section, tick "I would like to be considered for a funding award from the Department" and specify the title of the scholarship in the "other" box below.
- Applications must be made online. Prospective candidates should confirm that they wish to apply for a scholarship by indicating this on the funding section of the online application. Scholarship candidates are required to have a letter of support from their proposed supervisor.
- In case of further queries please contact the Scholarship Admissions Team via email. Prospective candidates are also encouraged to contact potential supervisors regarding possible research projects (with the exception of those applying for a place within a Centre for Doctoral Training).