Integrated Design of Novel Wing Architectures
Jonathan Cooper holds the Royal Academy of Engineering Airbus Sir George White Chair in Aerospace Engineering and has an international reputation in the fields of aeroelasticity, structural dynamics, adaptive aircraft structures and aeroelastic optimization.
His current research involves the following main research themes all focussed on the development of new efficient future aircraft designs:
- Novel technologies for loads control
- Improved measurement and modelling of structural / control system nonlinearities and more accurate and efficient prediction of aeroservoelastic behaviour
- Use of aeroservoelastic designs for improved aircraft performance
- Efficient and accurate prediction of uncertainties in aircraft performance
- Improved multi-disciplinary design optimisation and certification for future wing structures