Our annual prize-giving ceremony recognises and celebrates outstanding student talent and contributions. Many awards are supported by major players in the Aerospace sector.
First year prizes
- John Deakin Prize - for the first year aeronautical engineering student with the best academic excellence (should be of first class standard).
Second year prizes
- Roderick Collar Prize - for two aeronautical students who have combined academic excellence with other activities.
Third year prizes
- Racal Star Graduate Avionics prize - awarded to the third year student showing outstanding performance in Aerospace Systems and Design.
- Raoul Hafner Prize - Awarded on the recommendation of the Head of Department of Aerospace for two third year students who submit the most inventive and imaginative project work.
- Head of Department Prize - Awarded to the best third year student in Aerospace Engineering.
Final year prizes
- Royal Aeronautical Society Prize - for the best aeronautical engineering student in the final year.
- Airbus Prize - Awarded to the students in their Final Year who have overcome considerable obstacles. "The awards would be made in the spirit of the determination and persistence of early aviation pioneers in the pursuit of their dreams".
- Reaction Engines Prize - Best final year project on a space related topic.
- Airbus and Head of Department Prize - Awarded to final year student(s) who submitted an inventive and imaginative project.
- Airbus and Head of Department Project Poster Prize - Awarded on the recommendation of the Head of Department to the Fourth year student with the most professional designed and researched final year project poster.
- Hele Shaw Prize - for the student in their Final Year in any Engineering Department with a good academic or social record not otherwise covered.
- Wertheimer Memorial Prize - for a Final Year student who is considered to have made the best contribution to the life of the Faculty and of his/her fellow students.