MSc Education *This programme is taught in Hong Kong
The MSc Education is offered in both Bristol and Hong Kong* as a partnership between the School of Education, University of Bristol, and the School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE), City University of Hong Kong. The programme is taught by tutors based in Bristol, who travel to Hong Kong to deliver units, usually every two months.
This long standing part time programme is designed primarily for education practitioners and administrators from diverse educational backgrounds and establishments: school’s colleges, higher education, tutoring and other community based forms of education. However, anyone interested in education is welcome to apply.
The programme aims to develop reflective students able to apply global perspectives on examples of educational practice. More specifically the programme aims to develop:
- Specific theories, ideas and practices; the relationships between perspectives from different disciplines in education, investigating education, including professional practice;
- a range of research methods appropriate for their professional practice;
- the importance of developing clear lines of argument, underpinned by critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation;
- the skills and abilities required for successful engagement in focussed, personally and where appropriate, professionally relevant independent learning through the production of a supervised dissertation;
- a range of practical and transferable skills.
On completing the MSc degree, student's should:
- have a breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding in their chosen subject area, providing a firm foundation on which to build your future professional development;
- understand and be able to use a range of research methods appropriate for their professional practice;
- have developed a range of relevant intellectual, practical and transferable skills appropriate to your professional practice, including personal reflection;
- have developed your capacities for critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation;
- understand the complex issues surrounding innovation and change and be prepared for changing and varied employment.
The normal period of study for this programme is two years. Students must complete the programme within three years of registration. For further information, please see details of the Msc Education programme given on the website for the School of Continuing and Professional Education, City University of Hong Kong.
*The MSc Education programme is delivered in Bristol and Hong Kong. Once registered students must take units either in Bristol or Hong Kong and cannot combine attendance between countries.
*Please note that although this strand of the MSc Education is taught in Hong Kong, no reference to Hong Kong will appear in the degree title on your final degree certificate or degree transcript which will be issued from the University of Bristol.