MSc Education Management
The MSc Education Management is one of two programmes offered in both Bristol and Hong Kong* as a partnership between the School of Education, University of Bristol, and the School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE), City University of Hong Kong. The programme is taught by tutors based in Bristol, who travel to Hong Kong to deliver units, usually every two months.
*Please be advised that there will be no entry to the MSc Education Management (Hong Kong) programme for September 2017.
The MSc degree aims to:
- encourage commitment to intellectual challenge;
- help students to read and evaluate research in their subject area, and to conduct systematic research relevant to their professional practice;
- encourage critical thinking;
- extend and deepen students knowledge and develop understanding of specific theories, ideas and practices, and the relationships between perspectives from different disciplines;
- provide a caring, collaborative working environment in which students from different backgrounds can work together and share experiences for their mutual benefit;
- develop students intellectual, practical and transferable skills;
- encourage students to develop as reflective practitioners;
- provide clear and effective structures for the organization of teaching and for students learning.
On completing the MSc degree, participants should:
- have a breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding in their chosen subject area, providing a firm foundation on which to build your future professional development;
- understand and be able to use a range of research methods appropriate for their professional practice;
- have developed a range of relevant intellectual, practical and transferable skills appropriate to your professional practice, including personal reflection;
- have developed your capacities for critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation;
- understand the complex issues surrounding innovation and change and be prepared for changing and varied employment.
The normal period of study for this programme is two years. Students must complete the programme within five years of registration. For further information, please see details of the Msc in Education Management programme given on the website for the School of Continuing and Professional Education, City University of Hong Kong.
This programme is delivered in Bristol and Hong Kong. Once registered students must take units either in Bristol or Hong Kong and cannot combine attendance between countries.