Information for new students 2017 entry
This section will give you the information you need to prepare for your PGCE study at Bristol in 2017/8 and will be updated when new information is available.
Please remember to update your correspondence details via UCAS Teacher Training. This is vital so that both we and UCAS can contact you.
DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificates
If you already have Enhanced Disclosure for the Child and Adult Workforce and have signed up for the update service; you do not need to make a new application through DBS. Further details on the service can be found here:
If you do not already have Enhanced Disclosure for the Child and Adult Workforce, you will need to make a new application and we will send you an application form once you have been made an offer.
Please find below important documents which you now need to read and act upon, if appropriate. (updated August 2017)
- Registration information (PDF, 324kB)
- 2017 registration timetable (PDF, 137kB)
- Welcome Week Timetable (PDF, 433kB)
- Welcome Week SoE information (PDF, 73kB)
- Confirmed PGCE year calendar (PDF, 102kB)
- Health Questionnaire (PDF, 254kB) (only to be completed if you have not already done so)
- Letter from Programme Directors (PDF, 195kB)
- 2017 PGCE term dates (PDF, 16kB)
- 2017 Preliminary joining instructions (PDF, 414kB)
- 2017 PGCE Accommodation factsheet (PDF, 285kB)
Primary School Experience/Foundation Experience
The PGCE begins with two weeks' experience at a primary school of your choice.The information below was sent to you with your offer email, but is included here for your reference. Note: this information is NOT for School Direct offer-holders as their primary school experience is dealt with separately and arranged by the Lead School.
- 2017 Primary Experience - letter to student teacher (Office document, 199kB)
- 2017 Primary experience - letter to Headteacher (Office document, 202kB)
- Guidelines for Referencing (PDF, 98kB)
There is no application process for the government training bursary - this is processed automatically by the PGCE office for eligible individuals. Once you have met the conditions of your offer and hold an unconditional offer, you will need to accept this and then we will send you a letter giving details of the amount of bursary and the payment structure. The amount of bursary that you will be eligible for is determined by your PGCE programme and your degree grade. Please refer to the Department of Education website for exact training busary figures.
Bursary letters will be sent to firmly accepted unconditional offer holders on a rolling basis from mid-March.