Doctor of Education (EdD) in Hong Kong
The Doctor of Education degree is offered in association with the School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE) at City University of Hong Kong.
Please note that we will accepting applications to the Doctor of Education (EdD) in Hong Kong programme up to 30th May 2019.
All teaching is delivered face-to-face at the City University of Hong Kong by experienced members of academic staff from the University of Bristol. The programme offers senior educational professionals the opportunity to study for a UK doctorate entirely in Hong Kong, without having to interrupt their careers. It is intended for senior professionals in different sectors of the education system whose work requires them to have a high level research and inquiry skills, enabling them to evaluate, implement, commission, design and administer research into many different aspects of educational provision, as well as to understand the policy implications of that research.
What can the EdD programme offer me?
- Recognition of prior learning Masters qualification or equivalent;
- support in development for a doctoral research proposal as part of the taught units: general ideas accepted at application stage;
- cutting edge research methods training units (60 D level credits);
- world class, up-to-date taught units on substantive education topics relevant to the core EdD themes (80 D level credits),
- high quality and regular supervision from academic experts in their areas to support a 45,000 word dissertation (300 D level credits),
- membership of the South West Doctoral Training Partnership and Bristol Doctoral College;
- opportunities to contribute to the annual doctoral conference;
- opportunities to contribute to organising research activities, doctoral support groups and to research centres and networks;
- to be an active member of a research centre, networks and/or Faculty-wide research group, through which you can share research ideas with staff and students and will connect to national and international networks;
- your own personal web page on the University of Bristol website.
We offer high quality supervision by internationally recognised scholars, across a range of research areas including educational psychology, education policy, higher education, teaching and learning in schools, professional development, learning in the city, non-formal education, lifelong learning and assessment. Please refer to our research centres and networks for further information.
Our academic staff include experienced researchers with methodological expertise in advanced quantitative methods, a range of qualitative research methods and mixed methods.
More information on the programme can be found on the website of SCOPE, City University of Hong Kong.