Welcome message from Head of School, Professor Melissa Allen
13 October 2020
On behalf of everyone here at the School of Education, I would like to welcome all students as we start the new academic year.
This year has been filled with challenges, but we have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure you can safely attend seminars in our building, and across campus, as part of our blended learning environment. Our main priority is to keep everyone as safe as possible, while providing you with an enriching learning experience. Our academic staff have been busy developing novel interactive online content for lectures and seminars.
As part of your induction week, the School has organised online events which will provide opportunities to prepare for the year ahead and to meet fellow students.
You will be joining our thriving community of academic and professional staff, as well as our current students. In terms of support, we have academic and wellbeing support available to you at the School of Education. The following people are available for advice, information, and guidance:
- Student Services Manager – Caroline Falzon & Duncan Bicknell
- PGCE Managers – Emma Dowman & Helen Mawdsley
- UG Student Administrator – Ed Jefferson
- MSc Student Administrators – Laura Newman (currently on maternity leave), Fred Fordham
- Doctoral Student Administrators – Daisy Perry & Becki Bradley
- Student Wellbeing Advisor - email@example.com or Tel: (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday) +44 (0)117 456 9860*
We are thrilled that you have joined the School of Education community! I hope you enjoy your induction week and settle into university life during this unusual year.
Professor Melissa Allen, Head of School, School of Education