Autism Awareness Event at the Graduate School of Education
35 Berkeley Square, Bristol, BS8 1JA
The Graduate School of Education would like to invite UoB staff, students and members of the public to our free Autism Awareness event on March 29th - 31st 2017.
Curated Autism Experience Room
- When? 29th March, 5 - 7pm (launch), 30th and 31st March 12-2pm (lunchtime)
- Where? Room 2.25, Graduate School of Education, 35 Berkeley Square, UoB
- What? An immersive experience that will spark conversation and ideas for how the learning environment can be more effective and sensitive for Autistic learners, and inclusive for all.
You are welcome to pick up free info-sheets and handouts on evidenced-based Apps, classroom strategies and tips to support language, communication and learning.
Twilight Talks & launch of Autism Experience Room
- When? 29th March, 5 - 7pm
- Where? Graduate School of Education, 35 Berkeley Square, UoB
- Who? For teachers, practitioners and those who work or would like to work with autistic individuals
- What? The Twilight Talks are a series of short talks on the psychology of Autism, effective deployment of TAs and working with SENCOs, practical applications in mainstream and special schools, and critical evaluation of intervention. The curated
Autism Experience Room will officially open its doors at 5pm on 29th March, so attendants will be invited to step in before and after the talks. Refreshments provided.
Follow our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BristolAutismResearch/
The event is FREE and refreshments will be provided. Spaces are limited, so please register on Eventbrite.