Engaging with the PAR process - Participatory Action Research Workshops
Professor Mary Brydon-Miller
We are delighted to invite you to two exciting PAR workshops, hosted by Mary Brydon-Miller as part of her Benjamin Meaker Visiting Professorship at the University of Bristol and organised by ARCIO (Action Research and Critical Inquiry in Organisations).
The workshops are open to anyone interested in PAR or who is currently working on an action research project. Mary Brydon-Miller, Ph.D. directs the University of Cincinnati’s Action Research Centre and is Professor of Educational and Community-based Action Research in the Educational Studies Program in the College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services. She is a participatory action researcher who conducts work in both school and community settings.
Workshop 2: Engaging in the PAR process. 12:30 – 6pm.
The workshop will begin with a welcome lunch on the ground floor foyer.
We will work together to explore the following issues and questions:
- How do we construct meaning and create knowledge from the data?
- How do we sustain the partnerships we make in an AR project?
- How do we analyse the data from a PAR project?
- How do we use the data to create positive social change?
- How do we shape the next cycles of research from the data?
- How do we move on from the research project?
Details of workshop 1 can be found here.
NOW FULLY BOOKED
Val Harvey firstname.lastname@example.org