Online Postgraduate Researcher Welcome Events
Celebrate the start of your research degree — and make connections across all faculties and disciplines
Just beginning your journey as a postgraduate researcher at the University of Bristol? Normally we would be inviting you to one of our Researcher Inauguration events, however, due to current circumstances, we will instead be running a series of online Welcome Events for new postgraduate researchers (PGRs) in 2020-21.
As with our in-person Inauguration event, the online Postgraduate Researcher Welcome Events are a chance to celebrate the start of your research degree and find out about the opportunities available to you throughout your time as a PGR at Bristol.
When is the next online Postgraduate Researcher Welcome Event and how do I register?
The Bristol Doctoral College will be hosting five events between October 2020 and February 2021. All research students who have registered since 25 February 2020 will be eligible to attend and can sign up to one of these events.
You will receive an email invitation if you are an eligible PGR and can pick from any of the available dates:
What should I expect from this event?
These events will be hosted on Zoom and will include:
- A welcome from the senior leadership team.
- A short introduction to the Bristol Doctoral College.
- An interactive Q&A session with current PGRs about their own experiences.
- A chance to meet other new PGRs from across the university and share your experiences via small group chats. (This session is optional and you are welcome to leave if you would prefer not to take part.)
- All attendees will receive a £15 voucher to purchase University of Bristol branded merchandise via the Students’ Union online shop (exclusively for event attendees).
Why does the BDC hold Researcher Inaugurations and Welcome Events?
We think Bristol is a special place to do a research degree. It’s not just the culture of innovation, outstanding facilities and unique opportunities that will help you achieve your research ambitions — it’s also our rich and vibrant research community.
Our online PGR Welcome Events are a chance to meet other members of this multidisciplinary community, make connections and receive an official welcome from the University.
For further details, please contact Alice Ferns or Robert Doherty via firstname.lastname@example.org.