Colston Research Society Travel Scholarships
Applications for Colston Research Society Travel Scholarships 2019-20 have now closed.
Will you be participating in a conference or a symposium before July 2020? University of Bristol postgraduate researchers and post-doctoral researchers can now apply for a Colston Research Society Travel Scholarship — an award of up to £500, funded by the Colston Research Society, towards the costs of travelling to conferences or symposia, either in the UK or overseas.
Please read the eligibility information below before applying. The closing date is midnight on Friday 12 July.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- be a fully registered postgraduate researcher or active post-doctoral researcher at the time of the conference
- be actively involved in a conference — e.g. presenting a paper/poster, chairing a panel, etc.
- have exhausted other sources of travel funding — e.g. through your scholarship, studentship and/or research group.
If you’ll be making a joint presentation with other University of Bristol postgraduate researchers/post-doctoral researchers, please note that the total amount that can be awarded is £500. (So, two PGRs making a joint presentation can apply for up to £250 each.)
If your application is successful and you receive a grant, you must:
- travel by the best-value route, choosing the most practicable accommodation where possible
- publicise the support of the Colston Research Society at the conference by displaying the Colston Research Society logo in any literature or on posters
- provide a brief report (max. 150 words) about your scholarship for the Society’s AGM and website
- provide a quote — and, if possible, an image — that the Bristol Doctoral College can use for promotional purposes
- ask your supervisor to email the Bristol Doctoral College to confirm that you attended and benefitted from the conference.
If your circumstances change, and you no longer need all or part of your scholarship, you are obliged to return the funds to the Colston Research Society.
Your scholarship only applies for the specific project stated on the application form and is non-transferable.
- The closing date for applications is midnight on Friday 12 July 2019. No applications will be reviewed or approved before this date.
- All applications will be reviewed by a panel in late July 2019.
- All applicants will be notified by the end of July 2019. If you have been successful, we will then contact you to arrange payment.
Colston Research Society Travel Scholarships are funded by the Colston Research Society and administered by the Bristol Doctoral College. If you have any questions, please contact the Bristol Doctoral College.
Questions about the scholarships?
If you have any questions that aren't answered on this page, please contact the Bristol Doctoral College.
Download Colston Research Society logos (zip, 85.7kb) for print and online materials.