Sinus Grafting Course
Gain a detailed knowledge on planning, practice, restoration and maintenance for sinus bone grafting to facilitate the successful placement of dental implants.
Programme Length: 2 days
Location of Programme: Clifton Campus
Entry Requirements: This is a supplementary course which will aid participants in the detailed planning, assessment and execution of the sinus bone graft with particular emphasis on the lateral window technique.
Start Date: 17th - 18th March 2022
Spaces Available: 12
Course Organiser: Jonathon Schofield
Accreditation: Graduates from the course will receive CPD certificate upon completion of the short course
This supplementary course will aid participants in the planning, assessment and execution of the sinus bone graft.
Students will learn from leading academics and industry professionals in the field of Dental Implantology. This course is ideal for dental practitioners looking to expand on their existing MSc knowledge or postgraduate students of the University of Bristol’s MSc Periodontology and MSc Oral Medicine programmes.
The following subjects will be covered in detail:
- Applied anatomy
- Histology and histopathology
- Overview of biomaterials
- Soft tissue handling
- Lateral window approach
- Crestal approach
- Dealing with intra-operative and post-operative complications
- Instrumentation, suggested hand instruments, use of piezon, use of surgical handpieces.
- Practice crestal approach on a deer head (more predictable than using a cadaver)
- Planning the graft with the restoration in mind. Compensating for the limitations posed by grafted sites
Sinus Grafting Course leaflet
Other courses available
For more information about the Sinus Grafting Course, please contact:
Miss Grace Radford
Phone: +44 (0) 117 342 4439