Post qualification courses
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
CPD is mandatory for all Dental Care Professionals (DCP's). As a registered DCP you have the responsibility to maintain the highest clinical standards and deliver the best possible levels of patient care throughout your professional career.
To find out your CPD requirements go to the General Dental Council website.
Bristol DCP courses
Professional career advancement ensures the highest level of patient care. To help you achieve this we provide academic and hands-on courses for further professional development for registered DCP's.
Our School is integrated with the University of Bristol Dental Hospital and School. All post qualification programmes are subject to rigorous quality assurance assessments by the University of Bristol and the General Dental Council.
Local Anaesthetic Administration (2 day course)
Please contact Donna Parkin for further information. Email: email@example.com. Telephone: +44 (0)117 342 9605
Dental Postgraduate Studies (BUOLD21C)
We welcome applications from Dental Hygienists and Dental Therapists to units on our Dental Postgraduate Studies programme. Qualified Dental Hygienists and Therapists can take one or more units to extend their knowledge and understanding in particular areas, including Local Anaesthesia, Anxiety Management and Law & Ethics. CPD certificates are provided for all units.
General courses information
Periodically the DCP programmes available will be subject to change. However, we are usually able to offer courses on:
- Dental Impressions for Dental Hygienists, Dental Therapists, Orthodontic Therapists and Orthodontic Nurses
- Local Infiltration and Inferior Dental Blocks for Dental Hygienists and Dental Therapists
- Temporary Restorations for Dental Hygienists
- Updates for Dental Hygienists and Dental Therapists
- New and exciting courses are being developed regularly, and will be advertised in the dental press
- Post qualification courses for Dental Nurses
Please contact Donna Parkin for further information; contact details as above