Other multilevel modelling topics
- Weighting in MLwiN (PDF, 0.5 mb) An explanation of what weights are and details on how to perform weighted
analyses in MLwiN, along with the results of a simulation study that
tested the performance of MLwiN's weighting facility.
- Downloadable MLwiN demonstration files referred to in Appendix A, page 28, in the above PDF manual:
- Missing data project and
Realcom-impute software for multilevel multiple imputation
- Meta-analysis course materials (University of Oxford)
- Modelling ethnic segregation using MLwiN (PDF, 1.0 mb)
- Download MLwiN worksheets: segregation (.wsz, MLwiN worksheet, 0.1 mb) and segregation3 (.wsz, MLwiN worksheet, 0,.1 mb). These two datasets are provided for teaching purposes only. Note - they can be opened in the latest MLwiN release, and the free MLwiN teaching version
- Longitudinal data analysis
- Go to audio-visual presentations e.g., Random intercept models, Residuals, Measuring dependency, Covariance and correlation matrices, and Random slope models.
- What are the barriers to using more complex quantitative methods? (PDF, 0.1 mb)
- Significance testing - video presentation with audio commentary and MLwiN demo - see further details
- Fitting a two-level model (PDF, 0.4 mb)
We believe that the older materials, marked with this symbol - , are still valuable and that the majority of what they contain is still true, but note that for example they may refer to an earlier version of MLwiN or other software, and they may not reflect the most up-to-date methodological developments.
Note: some of the documents on this page are in PDF format. In order to view a PDF you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader