Why choose the CDT route
Bristol is the only Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Communications in the UK.
The EPSRC centres 'bring together diverse areas of expertise to train engineers and scientists with the skills, knowledge and confidence to tackle today's evolving issues, and future challenges. They also provide a supportive and exciting environment for students, create new working cultures, build relationships between teams in universities and forge lasting links with industry.'
Studying for a PhD via the CDT route provides the following benefits:-
- allows time during the first year of guided study to develop broad key skills to underpin research
- allows time to try new research areas before commencing the PhD project
- allows you to develop links with industry whilst working on your research project
- provides transferable skills and technical training bespoke for the industry
- develops team-working skills through working in a cohort
- provides opportunities to work with internationally renowned research centres through collaborative organisations
- provides the opportunity to specialise in a key area for UK industry with high demand for staff