Workshops and Large Research Meetings
- 14 April 2011 - Inequalities in childhood and adolescent health workshop. This workshop was aimed at academics, population health practitioners and policy makers who are interested in understanding and reducing health inequalities in children and adolescents. It presented both methodological research, concerned with developments aimed to better understand causal effects and possible biases in inequalities research and applied research, concerned with recent evidence on inequalities in health in children and adolescents and policy implications of these. It was jointly organised by Professor Debbie Lawlor (MRC CAiTE) and Carol Propper (CMPO: Centre for Market and Public Organisation). Further information: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmpo/events/2011/inequalities/index.html
- 16-17 March 2011 - EUCCONET Genomewide Sequencing Workshop. This workshop was organised by Dr Nicholas Timpson and was designed to bring together some of the leading figures in genetic research to discuss novel issues resulting from the most recent advances in population level genetic data collection and analysis. The workshop mainly focused on methodological and ethical issues relating to the collection of whole genome sequence data and the likely role of this type of data in the future of public health research. Booklet (PDF, 5.1 MB)
- 12 January 2011 - MRC CAiTE Research Symposium. The aim of this symposium, organised by Dr David Evans, was to showcase completed and on-going research projects of CAiTE members, affiliate members and collaborators.
- 8 December 2010 - Cross-centre conference between MRC CAiTE and the CNGG at the University of Cardiff) jointly organised by Ms Luisa Zuccolo (MRC CAiTE) and Dr Stephan Collishaw (CNGG). Programme (Word, 15.0 KB)
- The New Genomics: Public Health, Social and Clinical Implications symposium was held on 4th and 5th June 2009 and organised by Professor George Davey Smith and Ms Bhavna Mistry. This meeting was organised for the Colston Research Society as part of the University's centenary celebrations and brought together a range of speakers from those working at the forefront of many areas of medical research and clinical practice relating to Genetics Society and Public Health. On this occasion, the public lecture was delivered by Professor Sydney Brenner.
- March 2009 MRC CAiTE Research Symposium The aim of this symposium was to show case completed and on-going research projects of CAiTE members, affiliate members and collaborators. The symposium was organised by Professor Debbie Lawlor and Ms Bhavna Mistry and had participants from across UK, Europe and Australia.
- April 2008 - Birth Cohorts Collaboration This meeting aimed to bring together researchers from birth cohorts across Europe in order to explore future potentials for collaboration in causal epidemiology and translational research. The meeting was organised by Professor Debbie Lawlor, Professor George Davey Smith and Ms Maria Elmhirst, and had representatives from a number of birth cohorts.
- March/April 2008 - Use of Instrumental variables in epidemiology and health services research workshop. This workshop aimed to examine current use and future potential for genetic and non-genetic instrumental variables analyses in epidemiology and health services research. It was organised by Profesor Debbie Lawlor and funded by a small grant from the MRC Population Health Sciences Research Network. A summary of the meeting is provided (PDF, 108.5 KB)
Note: some of the documents on this page are in PDF format. In order to view a PDF you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader