Why choose Cabot?
More and more people are waking up to the fact that we need to act now in order to protect the environment for years to come.
The Cabot Institute’s vision is “Many minds, one mission.” We believe that complex global challenges require integrated solutions - and people with the skills to work across boundaries. The Cabot Institute Master's by Research aims to tackle this head-on.
To date, there are no other Master's by Research programmes in the UK that offer the unique blend of in-depth research with the interdisciplinary cohort building, training, and partnership opportunities on offer through the Cabot Master's by Research.
What makes this MScR unique?
- Combines the research-intensive nature of a Master's by Research with training and cohort-building elements that unites researchers of all backgrounds
- Follow your passion by focusing on a subject that means something to you
- Regular cohort-building events and the opportunity to engage with the wider academic and industry community will ensure you feel embedded as part of a one-of-a-kind research culture
What will you gain from this course?
- Conduct groundbreaking research
- Have an impact on real world problems
- Become a natural collaborator
- Gain transferable skills that set you apart from the crowd
- Receive training from a number 1 global business incubator
- Access the Cabot Institute community of academics
Why study with the Cabot Institute at the University of Bristol?
- Quality Research Environment: Bristol is a top 5 UK University for Research, rated 1st in the UK for 'Geographical Sciences'; 2nd for 'Sociology' and 'Earth systems and environmental sciences'; 4th for 'Mathematical sciences' and 'Computer science and informatics'; and 5th for Chemistry (REF, 2014). We are also 1st in the UK for Water Resources research according to the Shanghai Ranking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects (GRAS, 2018).
- Join a vibrant community of committed researchers: The Cabot Institute draws together hundreds of staff and students from across every faculty. Benefit from connections to world-leading researchers who are influencing policy nationally and internationally.
- Employment prospects: Bristol is the 2nd most targeted university by top UK employers, and it's graduates are amongst the highest paid in UK.
- Embedded in a leading environmental city: Bristol city was awarded the status of 'European Green Capital' in 2015, and the Bristol Green Capital Partnership provides an impressive legacy - drawing together over 800 organisations committed to a 'sustainable city with a high quality of life for all'.
- Embedded in a University committed to sustainability: The University is committed to becoming a carbon neutral campus by 2030 and makes significant investments in education, research and estates towards it's sustainability goals.