Hopefully you have enjoyed reading the rest of the website and now feel like helping us with this great project. Volunteers have long been vital to the success of the Garden and never more so than now since we have moved sites and there is so much to do at this exciting point in the Garden's history.
Volunteers are a respected and valued part of the workforce and some have been with us for over 10 years supporting the work of the Botanic Garden in a variety of ways. Primarily we are looking for people who can offer enthusiasm, reliability and commitment. Particular skills are useful but not essential. Volunteering is a fun and rewarding way in which to help ensure that the Garden continues to develop and flourish in its new home at The Holmes. Do come and join us.
What do volunteers do?
The tasks are many and varied:
- Welcoming visitors to the new garden - taking entrance money and giving general information about the Garden, the Friends Association, courses and tours etc.
- General gardening work - border work, edging, weeding, leaf raking, seed cleaning, potting etc.
- Clerical Work - could include filing, addressing envelopes and other administrative tasks.
- Guiding groups around the garden on an occasional basis and only after a course of training.
- Helping with garden events - could include manning an information stand, taking entrance money at the gate, helping with teas, helping to to prepare for events and clearing up after them, chairs, tables, litter etc.
- DIY on an occasional and as needed basis.
- Fund raising skills - could involve 'selling' the garden to corporate and private sponsors - people skills and good connections a distinct plus.
- Any other skills you are able to offer us which you think might be useful.
Please join us today!
Ring 0117 331 4906 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org or download an application form (PDF, 80kB)