Friends of the Garden
A Friends' tour of the Garden
Would you like to visit the botanic garden as often as you like?
- Join inspirational tours with the curator?
- Have the opportunity to grow special plants from seed from the botanic garden, not available to the public?
- Listen to top horticultural speakers for free?
- Visit sculpture and art exhibitions, enjoy jazz, theatre and wine tasting evenings, the bee and honey festival and much, much more?
- Join excursions to world famous gardens like Kew and Wisley?
- Receive newsletters jam packed with the latest happenings at the garden and email reminders about imminent events?
- Visit friends’ private gardens rarely open to the public?
You can achieve all this by joining the friends of the botanic garden
The Friends are a group of enthusiasts and volunteers who support and commit to the Garden in a variety of ways. As well as enjoying the benefits of membership, we help to raise funds and get involved in hands-on activities by working in the Garden and welcoming visitors