GW4 Clinical Academic Training Programme open for applications
6 February 2019
The GW4 Clinical Academic Training (GW4-CAT) Programme in Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter for Medical, Veterinary and Dental Graduates is open for applications.
Applications for a Summer 2020 start are invited from exceptional medical, veterinary & dental graduates to undertake 3-year PhD training at the universities of Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter. The scheme, supported by Wellcome Trust, is aimed at exceptionally motivated clinically qualified trainees who can demonstrate the capability and drive to undertake a period of research with a view to developing a long-term career as a clinical academic. Applicants must be fully-qualified medical doctors, vets or dentists and must have a qualification that allows them to practice clinically in the UK.
• A clinical salary
• University tuition fees at the home rate
• Associated project costs
• A contribution towards travel expenses for conferences or project-related travel
• Some carer support costs where necessary, subject to approval
• A contribution towards core and specialist training costs
• choice of joining one of over 50 world-leading research groups in population health, cardiovascular science, neuroscience, mental health, infection, immunity & repair, cancer or molecular cell biology
• access to a wide range of core and specialist training modules to support your ambitions
• exceptional individualised clinical mentoring
• Competitive funding