Support for Researchers
Our expertise is in helping to build interdisciplinary collaborations between population health science and fundamental bioscience. We can help you to explore the available expertise within these areas at the University of Bristol, and connect you with the right people. We are committed to supporting the development of an exciting, vibrant and interdisciplinary research community. We can support anyone within the university with an interest in Population Health Science and Fundamental Bioscience in a number of ways.
- Link you to appropriate experts within the university working in your field. This infographic shows techniques used and model organisms in disease areas. Hover over the model organisms and disease areas to find researchers working in this space. Please then check our experts spreadsheet for more information on their work and their contact details. Experts Spreadsheet (Office document, 31kB)
- Alert you to relevant upcoming funding opportunities
- Support your research proposal; offering advice, guidance, connections and letters of support
- Provide you with researcher time and expertise for pilot projects
- Offer training in statistical epidemiologically techniques
- Provide online resources to facilitate community building
Here are a few ideas on how you can become part of the community:
- Attend community building events
- Subscribe to our mailing list - contact us
- Connect with our experts using our infographic and our Experts Spreadsheet (Office document, 31kB)
- Appear on our expert database - contact us
- Explore collaborative applications for external funding opportunities
Whether you are at idea conceptualisation stage or submitting a funding application or publication, this support is available to researchers throughout the course of a research project.
Please do not hesitate to contact the team if you require help in initiating, supporting or exploring ways to take an interdisciplinary collaboration forward.