Related University of Bristol Facilities.
Data Analysis Software
- PANTHER (Protein ANalysis THrough Evolutionary Relationships) Classification System designed to classify proteins (and their genes) in order to facilitate high-throughput analysis.
- STRING is a database of known and predicted protein interactions. The interactions include direct (physical) and indirect (functional) associations. STRING quantitatively integrates interaction data from these sources for a large number of organisms, and transfers information between these organisms where applicable. The database currently covers 5'214'234 proteins from 1133 organisms.
- The Database for Annotation, Visualization and Integrated Discovery (DAVID) provides a comprehensive set of functional annotation tools for investigators to understand biological meaning behind large list of genes.
- Reactome is a free, open-source, curated and peer reviewed pathway database. Its goal is to provide intuitive bioinformatics tools for the visualization, interpretation and analysis of pathway knowledge to support basic research, genome analysis, modeling, systems biology and education.
- WebGestalt is a "WEB-based GEne SeT AnaLysis Toolkit". It is designed for functional genomic, proteomic and large-scale genetic studies from which large number of gene lists (e.g. differentially expressed gene sets, co-expressed gene sets etc) are continuously generated. WebGestalt incorporates information from different public resources and provides an easy way for biologists to make sense out of gene lists.